Tattoos are pieces of art, with many people getting ink because they want to show it off. However, the option to keep yours a secret certainly exists. There are plenty of hidden tattoo spots all over your body just begging to be inked up.
While there are plenty of clever tattoos that even your mom will love, there are even more clever places to get a tattoo if you don’t want her or anyone else to see it. Your tattoo, your rules — and don’t let anybody tell you otherwise.
1. On Your Ear : If you want to keep your tattoo so hidden that even you can’t see it without some serious contortion skills, get inked behind your ear. Whether you get it near your earlobe or closer to your hairline.
2. On The Bottom Of Your Foot : I’m pretty sure that any tattoos on the sole of your foot will rub and fade very, very quickly. The subject came up a few times when I talked about my new foot tattoo, and most that I’ve spoken to are in agreement that they might not be worth the money.
3. Between Your Fingers – Let’s face it—hand tattoos are pretty visible unless you walk around with gloves . But if you’re obsessed with finger tattoos, you can still make it happen and keep it hidden with the right placement.
4. On Your Inner Lip – No one would suspect you have a tattoo with a placement like this. If you like the idea of having a tat that only you know about , this is the spot.
5. Ankle Deep – Do you enjoy minimalistic tattoos and something that is practical over your ankle? This one is small and playful, as well as ideal for someone who wants only a pop of color over their ankle.
6. On The Side of Your Neck – A neck tattoo doesn’t sound like it would be all that discreet, but if you want artwork that you can easily cover up but also put on display just as much, the side or back of your neck are ideal.
7. On The Back Of Your Neck – If you’re searching for the perfect location for your next ink, consider getting a back-of-the-neck tattoo, which can easily be hidden by hair or shown off depending on your mood. If you’re a first-timer when it comes to getting inked, it makes sense for a number of different reasons.